An interdisciplinary program jointly offered by the Faculty of Law and the Polytechnic School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
1) The fundamentals of Energy: resources, products, markets, actors and rules
2) Design, Construction, Operation, Safety and Maintenance of Energy Infrastructure
3) Licensing and Procurement in the Energy Sector
4) Transportation of Energy Resources – Cross-border Energy Networks
5) Energy and Environment: Environmental & Social Impact Assessment, Environmental Liability, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change
6) Renewable Energy Resources
7) Investments in the Energy sector: Assessment of investment projects, Financing, FDI and Settlement of disputes
8) Trade in Energy: public regulation, commercial transactions, trade finance and commodities markets
9) Exploration, Extraction and Production of Hydrocarbons
10) Oil and Oil Products: Refining and distribution of oil products – Security of Energy Supply
11) The electricity market
12) The Natural Gas Market
Thesis (prepared in July and August and defended at the end of September).
All courses bear 5 ECTS. The thesis bears 15 ECTS. The entire MSc bears 75 ECTS and it is a one-full-calendar-year program. Exams take place in January-February (for the winter semester) and June (for the spring semester). If the student fails in some course in either semester, he/she may repeat the exams in September. A student may defend his/her thesis only if he has passed all the exams for the 12 subjects. This program has a strong component of energy infrastructure development, because we cooperate with the Civil Engineering Department from the Polytechnic School of Thessaloniki.
Director: Prof. Dr. Panayotis GLAVINIS, Vice Dean, Faculty of Law, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54624 Thessaloniki, Greece, tel.: +302310996611, firstname.lastname@example.org